STALBRIDGE YOUTH FC
CODE OF CONDUCT COACHES/MANAGERS/OFFICIALS
We all have a collective responsibility to set a good example and help provide a positive environment in which children can learn and enjoy the game.
Play your part and observe The FA's Respect Code of Conduct at all times.
On and off the field, I will:
- Use my position to set a positive example for the children I am responsible for.
- Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers, officials and spectators.
- Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game.
- Promote fair play and high standards of behaviour.
- Respect the match official's decision.
- Never enter the field of play without the referee's permission.
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour.
- Be aware of the potential impact of bad language on the participants, facility users or neighbours.
- Be gracious in victory and defeat.
When working with players, I will:
- Place the wellbeing, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything including winning.
- Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying.
- Ensure all activities I organise are appropriate to the player's ability level, age and maturity.
- Co-operate fully with others in football (e.g. officials, doctors, physiotherapists, welfare officers) for each player's best interests.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any or all of the following actions may be taken by my Club, local Youth League, County FA or The FA:-
I may be:
- Required to meet with the Club Welfare Officer, local youth league or County Welfare Officer.
- Suspended by the Club from attending matches.
- Suspended by the County FA.
- Required to leave the Club.
- My FA Coaching Licence may be withdrawn.
(Revised May 2019)