Stalbridge Youth FC

Match Report

Match Report - 27 Sep 2015, Result not entered

Stalbridge started the game strongly and had most of the possession, after 8 minutes Bartek found the back of the net to put Stalbridge 1-0 up. However, after this it just didn't seem to be working for Stalbridge, after nothing impressive or useful happening for a while; on 20 minutes a double substitution to get back to a simple 4-4-2 formation was made. This settled Stalbridge down but they were still struggling to get some decent passing together. Just before half time Bartek got another goal to put Stalbridge 2-0 up going into the break. After half time, it was all Stalbridge attack and Perry Street put in some good defending and their keeper made several fantastic saves. 15 minutes into the second half and finally Stalbridge found a break, Matt was taken down in the box which led to a Stalbridge penalty. Up steps Alex Farrel to the spot and with a cool penalty scores his first goal for Stalbridge FC. At 3-0 it suddenly became all Stalbridge's game, Matt had a fantastic game and scored a thumping goal to make it 4-0. Matt had another shot which forced the Perry Street keeper to make a fantastic save to tip the ball over the bar, but in doing so, the keeper unfortunately injured his finger and had to come off. The fifth goal came from Callum with a fantastic header from a corner. With less than ten minutes to go, Matt put Stalbridge 6-0 up with a long range shot which the substitute goal keeper fumbled into his own net. 5 minutes before the end, Andrew decided he wanted his name on the scoresheet. He picked up the ball well in the defensive half, took the ball all the way down the right wing; passing several Perry Street players, dribbling into the box and calmly finishing at the near post.

Man of the match: Alex Farrel
With several players putting in a man of the match worthy performance, including Callum, Ben, Matt and Isaac it was difficult to decide today; but having scored his first goal for Stalbridge, never giving up and continuously winning the ball in centre midfield it had to go to Alex.